Wednesday, January 20, 2010

iPhone? More like, iSurvive!

So, the credibility of this article has been challenged, and though I do not have an iPhone (am not a fangirl!) and do not believe everything I hear, my gut tells me there is some truth in this story. Anyhow, here's the link for, at the very least, your amusement. And the tourniquet was for his leg; he bandaged his head.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/01/haiti-survivor-iphone/

Here's another, semi-related story about technology as a survival-in-the-wild tool:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33470581/

And here's a link to another proposed use for cell phones related to survival:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/148887

Enjoy, and I hope all of you got home without too much inconvenience after today's class. Be safe out there!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I liked the visual of the tourniquet on his head!! You brought up a very good point, though, Jasmine. Technology is helping us in ways we never imagined. And I think technology allows us to use our creativity to move forwards or sideways, or however we want. I think I sounded too negative in my blog, but I worry about the equality of technology.

    ReplyDelete